- Member, Programme Advisory Committee (PAC) on Civil, Infrastructure and Transportation
Engineering, SERB, Department of Science and Technology, 2020-23.
- Member, Technology Assessment Panel, India CEO Forum for Clean Air, Confederation of Indian
Industries (CII), 2019.
- Member, Expert Working Group to Review the Import and Export of Hazardous and other Waste,
Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change, November 2019 to February 2020.
- Member, Expert Committee of Climate Change Programme (CCP) under Strategic Programmes,
Large Initiatives and Coordinated Action Enabler (SPLICE) for implementation of two national
missions on climate change under Action Plan on Climate Change (NAPCC) viz (a) National
Mission for Sustaining the Himalayan Ecosystem (NMSHE) and (b) National Mission on Strategic
knowledge for Climate Change (NMSKCC), Department of Science and Technology, 2019
- Member, Committee to examine technological and regulatory issues relating to retrofitting of (i)
older/petrol/diesel vehicles; (ii) older DG Sets less than 800 kW, Ministry of Environment, Forest
and Climate Change, 2019.
- Member, Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC), National Atmospheric Research Laboratory
- Member, Steering Committee, National Clean Air Program (NCAP), Ministry of Environment,
Forest and Climate Change, 2019.
- Member, Advisory Committee, International Conference on “Climate Change Impacts,
Vulnerabilities and Adaptation: Emphasis on India and Neighbourhood, CCIVA 2019, Indian
Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, February 26 – March 2, 2019.
- Member, Cloud Seeding Committee, Uttar Pradesh Government, 2018.
- Member, Technical Expert Committee (TEC) for Petcoke and Alternative fuels, Ministry of
Environment, Forest and Climate Change, 2018.
- Member, International Advisory Committee, International Aerosol Conference, 2018.
- Member, National Advisory and Technical Programme Committee, International Conference on
Aerosol Climate Change Connection (AC3), Bose Institute, Darjeeling, April 25-27, 2017.
- Member, Technical Programme Committee, Indian Aerosol Science and Technology Association
(IASTA), conference on Aerosols and Climate Change: Insights and Challenges, PRL,
Ahmedabad, December 6-8, 2016.
- Member, Advisory Council of Mahamana Malaviya Research Centre for Ganga, River,
Development & Water Resource Management, Government of India.
- Expert member, Committee on Environment and Climate Change to review Central Sector
Scheme and Centrally Sponsored Scheme, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change,
Government of India.
- Expert Member, Environmental Domain, MHRD’s IMPRINT programme 2016 to till date.
- Expert Member, MoWR’s, Indian National Climate Change Committee, 2015 to till date 31.
- Member, Institute International Relations Committee, 2015-2016.
- Session Convener, Indo-German Frontiers of Engineering Symposium, Potsdam, Germany, May,
- Session Chair, “Aerosol Characterization: Chemical” in 8th Asian Aerosol Conference, Australian
Technology Part, Sydney, Australia, December 3, 2013.
- Session Convener, Fifth Indo-American Frontiers of Science Symposium, Indo–U.S. Science and
Technology Forum-U.S. National Academy of Sciences, Agra, India – April 7-10, 2013.
- Member, National Advisory Committee, Cloud-Aerosol Interactions and Precipitation
Enhancement Experiment, Ministry of Earth Sciences, 2013-till date.
- Evaluator, ‘Atmospheric Brown Clouds’ project administered by United Nation Environment
Program, Bangkok, Thailand from November 5, 2012 to January 30, 2013.
- Alternate Member, Nanotechnologies Sectional Committee, MTD 33, 2011.
- Member, High Level Working Group, Aerosol and Cloud Nucleation, India Meteorological
Department, Ministry of Earth Sciences.
- Member, National Fire Facility at Indian Institute of Technology-Kanpur.
- Member, Geophysical Research Letter Editor Search Committee.
- Member, National Steering Committee, Cloud, Aerosol and Precipitation Enhancement
Experiment, Largest Project Ever Taken by Ministry of Earth Sciences.
- Expert Member, DST Fast Track Scientist Committee.
- Member, Publications Committee, American Geophysical Union, 2008-2010.
- Member, Editorial Board, Indian Journal of Aerosol Science and Technology.
- Member, Executive Committee, Indian Aerosol Science and Technology Association.
- Member, Science Team, Mars Orbiter Mission, ISRO Planex Programme.
- Convener, Session on Climate effects of the atmospheric particle system: aerosols and clouds,
Asia Oceania GeoScience Meeting, Bangkok, 2007.
- Participated in Indo-US Frontier of Science and Technology Meeting held in New Delhi, India.
- Reviewer for DST and CSIR project proposals submitted for funding.
- Participated in campaigns of national importance organized by ISRO; Land Campaign II over
North India and Integrated Aerosol, Gases and Radiation Budget (ICARB) that covered land, sea
and air segment.
- Center for Advanced Studies Fellow, Indian Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University,
- Member, Steering Committee, ISRO Space Borne Lidar Project.
- Member, Steering Committee (Cloud Studies), CTCZ experiment Department of Science and
Technology, Govt. of India.
- Member, Indian Association for Aerosol, Science and Technology.
- Member, American Geophysical Union.
- Reviewer for Journal of Geophysical Research, International Journal of Remote Sensing,
Atmospheric Sciences, Atmospheric Environment, Geophysical Research Letters, Atmospheric
Research, Atmospheric and Terrestrial Physics. Current Science, Aerosol Science and Technology,
Tellus B, Space Science Review, Journal of Applied Meteorology, United Nations Environment
Programme, Planetary and Space Science, Advances in Space Research.
- Executed four projects of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), DST and AICTE; three
projects, sponsored by DST and ISRO are ongoing. Total research funding till date: 500 Lakhs.
- Panelist, Workshop on Nanoparticles: Science and Technology, organized by Indian Institute of
Technology-Bombay under the auspices of Indo-US Forum.
- Member, Technical committee, Asian Aerosol Conference, Mumbai, December, 2005.
- Convener, Technical (Indian Aerosol Science and Technology Association- IASTA Aerosol,
Clouds and Indian Monsoon International Conference), November 2004, Kanpur.