Department of Civil Engineering Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur Kanpur – 208016
Office: Faculty Building 314
Phone: +91-512 2597845 (Off) +91-512-2598806 (Res) +91-512-2597395 (Fax)
Centre of Excellence for Research on Clean Air *CERCA* Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Dr. Sachchida Nand Tripathi is a Higher Administrative Grade (Senior) Professor of Civil Engineering at IIT Kanpur. He is the recipient of Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award and the J C Bose National Fellowship. Prof. Tripathi holds the Arjun Dev Joneja Chair at IIT Kanpur. He is an elected fellow of the Indian National Science Academy (INSA), Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) and National Academy of Sciences of India (NASI) and recipient of the Distinguished Alumnus award of Banaras Hindu University. He was a Senior Fellow at NASA Goddard Space Flight Centre. He has made impactful contribution to address challenges of Air Pollution and Climate Change. Prof Tripathi has built ground-breaking innovative approaches for indigenously built low-cost sensor-based network technologies for nation-wide urban air quality monitoring and Real Time Source Apportionment (RTSA). His work on Taj Mahal discolouration led to policy interventions in Agra city. His pioneering work in aerosol-induced cloud invigoration effect (AIvE) and synergy of coupling between urban land use, land cover and Cloud Condensation Nuclei-induced AIvE has contributed significantly in future urban planning to avoid flash floods.
He is also the Coordinator of the National Knowledge Network, formed under the National Clean Air Program and an expert member of Steering Committee and Monitoring Committee, National Clean Air Program and member of Executive Council, Climate Change Program, Department of Science and Technology.
- Prof. S.N. Tripathi as a speaker at an online conference “Advancing Environmental Innovations In India, Insights from Experimental Research, July 22, 2022, hosted by Energy Policy Institute at the University of Chicago.
- IIT-Kanpur to establish network of air-quality sensors to measure pollution in rural India, July 10, 2022
- Prof. S.N. Tripathi as a panelist on Sansad TV, discussing “Perspective: Environmental Performance Index- 2022”,13 June 2022.
- Prof. S.N. Tripathi has been appointed as an External member, Research and Development Board, Coal India Limited, June 2022.
- Recent publication provide a substantive intercomparison of ionic and metal species measured using online and offline techniques .
- Ayush Nagal, received Cadence Gold Medal for best 2 year M.Tech thesis across all departments
- Ms. Vaishali Jain has been awarded with best oral presentation at ICESE-2022 (virtual mode) organized by the Environmental Science and Engineering department, IIT Bombay
- Tweet NDTV #DelhiPollution
- Reasons for the increase in Delhi NCR Air Pollution
- Air Pollution in Delhi NCR and other parts of India
- Winter Air More ‘Acidic’ in Delhi, Particles Finer than Rest of NCR
- Interview of Professor Tripathi on Air Pollution India – NDTV
- The country is getting ready to fight against pollution – Navodaya Times